Sunday, September 18, 2016

So I Watched Captain America Civil War Finally - Chadwick Boseman

And the best thing about it was Chadwick Boseman as the heir apparent of Wakanda and the Wakandan protector known as Black Panther.

Everyone else in the cast with the possible exception of Elizabeth Olsen seemed to be going through the motions.  To me it was an overblown action flick bereft of the smarts and humour we have come to like in the MCU.  Yes I know it was supposed to be dark, but that doesn't mean you suck the soul out of the characters.

Chadwick Boseman on the other hand was a breath of fresh air in the MCU.  His was a layered, subtle, purposeful performance not seen in a super hero flick for a while.  He also looked mighty fine in the suit.

This was a 2 out of 4 stars movie.  Entertaining.  But like Chinese food, I found myself wanting after an hour.

D
xox





No comments: