Monday, February 6, 2017

What To Blog These Days.......

In this politically charged time, it is both a duty and a necessity to continue to call out the shocking state of the Presidency and his Nazi administration.

And yet, there is also a necessity to take a time out now and then to breathe and to recharge for the next thing to come forth from Hair Furor.

I have noticed that some blogs have decided to avoid any political posts and concentrate on posts that are of the normal everyday posts that they would do.  These posts are a welcome diversion from everything.  And it shows that in spite of the chaos of the White House, life is still going on as it should.

And yet there are many who feel guilty for posting that which they normally would.  Given the contentious nature of what is happening, they feel they should be doing more.  I can't disagree with this, but I also think that not everyone is an activist.  Not everyone has the mindset to resist.

We should not treat these people poorly.  Back in the early 90's I had no clue what to do when it came to getting involved with my community re the HIV / AIDS pandemic.  I was only 18 when I came out and didn't really understand how large the impact of HIV was, even on my community, let alone any other.  Thankfully I had very patient people around me who took me in hand, explained everything, and gave me the choice of being involved or not.  They did stress that it would not be okay to be uninformed.  I had many conversations with my friends about what was happening and I was forever grateful for their mentorship and guidance.

If you are reading a blog that contains a sharply incisive post re Trump, then go to another blog and see that they are NOT mentioning him, don't be harsh on them.

For some, highlighting our daily lives can be a protest in itself.  Trump will not beat us.  He will not ruin our life.  We will continue to flourish as a community and we will be here - loud and proud - long after he is impeached (yes I believe that will happen sooner rather than later).  Our community has weathered so much over the last 50 years, we will not simply survive, we will thrive.  As we have always done.

The LGBT+ community is so much more than one man / one administration / one bloated boozehound of a Nazi.   We are PRIDE.  PRIDE will continue long after hate.

Shalom and my blessings to you all.

Damien


2 comments:

Luke said...

Another exceptionally fine post....very much needed.

Must admit, I approach my blog as a release from day to day stress. I do however try to note from time to time that there are things happening that require action. I also get a lot of strength from my blogging buddies whether or not there is direct political comment.

Bottom line...one way or another we must resist!

Thanks, Damien! ....and of course, shalom and blessings!

Damien said...

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

Shalom and blessings to you too my friend.